Weld Manufacturing Engineer
- East Moline, IL, 61244
- Prefferd visa: Need H1 Visa
- Posted 3 months ago – Accepting applications
Offerd Salary $ 45 - $ 49
Required Position 1 hire
Experience 0-1 Years Required
Title: Weld Manufacturing Engineer
Plans, coordinates, and performs manufacturing engineering work for a project
or process. Operates in a team environment within either the enterprise
product delivery process or the enterprise order fulfillment process. At this
level, projects are of moderate scope and responsibility or may be a
significant portion of a major and diverse project or process; decisions are
made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors and/or
managers. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work for support
personnel, contractors and suppliers.
MAJOR DUTIES: Description of the major duties performed in this job.
* Establishes routings, methods, layouts, tools, costs, methods
documentation, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current
operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
* Provides support and trouble shooting for current operations. Investigates,
gathers and analyze data and implement solutions.
* Innovates and implements cost reduction, quality, safety and ergonomic
improvement ideas of moderate scope.
* Applies electronic tools across a broad range of applications, including
e-builds, modeling and simulations.
* Develops and implements plans to support lean manufacturing through the
Client Production System of moderate scope. Designs operations layouts.
Improves material flow and material presentation.
* Leads team studies related to capacity, energy, productivity and efficiency
of moderate scope.
* Leads analysis, development and implementation of new manufacturing
processes and technology.
* Analyzes and makes modifications to existing performance pay plans; assists
in development of baseline data for new performance pay plans.
As a Weld Manufacturing Engineer , you will provide Weld and Assembly ME support and basic troubleshooting for current operations in X9 Manufacturing.
The role would require more ability to react to issues and troubleshooting machines in an already established process rather than developing/selecting how parts would be welded
Additionally, you will:
• Support Fanuc welding and material handling robots and robotic systems. Troubleshooting issues when they are down, working collaboratively with cross functional resources to get the machines up and running
• Diagnose and root cause GMAW defects. Prevent issues from re-occurring or touch up Fanuc robots to prevent repair
• Establish routings, SOE, layouts, tooling, assembly costs, OMS, and control plans for revisions to current operations
• Identify and implement safety, quality, cost reduction and ergonomic improvement ideas for department
• Work with SAP, WPlanner/MPPlanner and OMS to perform engineering functions
• Design cell layouts to improve material flow and presentation in department
What Skills You Need
-Understand welding capabilities/processes and ability to program/troubleshoot both manual and robotic welding systems
-Hands on experience with robotic systems and robotics programming
-Experience in one of more related engineering areas: industrial, production, Mechanical, Welding, manufacturing, quality
-Understanding of manufacturing processes, automation, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventive maintenance and facilities
-Experience with engineering tools, systems and databases
-Experience with line and process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance and visual management tools
-Ability to work off shifts and weekends
What Makes You Stand Out
-Hands on experience with torque tools and torque controllers
-Experience with AutoCAD and Creo View software
-Experience with WPlanner/MPPlanner and OMS development
-Experience with MES systems and tooling
-Experience working in a production environment
Education (or equivalent work experience)
-Bachelor's degree in an Engineering/Technology discipline
Specific Position Requirements
Weld experience is required for the role.
Open to recent grads with degree in the above.
Must be able to work variable shifts
Weld, Assembly ME support,
Fanuc welding, material handling robots, robotic systems, robotic welding systems, robotics programming,
routings, SOE, layouts, tooling, assembly costs, OMS, control plans,
SAP, WPlanner, MPPlanner, OMS, OMS development, MES systems, MES tooling,
material flow, presentation, process design, material presentation, cycles of imbalance, visual management tools,
welding capabilities, welding processes,
industrial, production, Mechanical, Welding, manufacturing, quality, manufacturing processes, automation, quality, tooling, tool design, total preventive maintenance, facilities,
engineering tools, systems, databases,
torque tools, torque controllers, AutoCAD, Creo View software