- Richmond, VA, 23231
- Prefferd visa: Need H1 Visa
- Posted 7 months ago – Accepting applications
Offerd Salary $ 30 - $ 34
Required Position 1 hire
Experience 1-2 Years Required
Title: Test Engineer
The R&D Test Engineer will work under the direction of the Laboratory Team Leader. This individual is responsible for providing test engineering support during new product development, customer demonstrations, and validation programs. This support includes developing and executing test programs and reviewing test results, and also installing and preparing units for testing and maintaining the test lab spaces.
• Works with the research and technology team to ensure products meet or exceed specification
• Support new product development test programs and product lifecycle validation initiatives
• Defines and executes system and subsystem level test plans
• Writes test specifications and procedures for electrical and electromechanical assemblies
• Analyzes test results and prepares test reports in partnership with research and technology team
• Supports regulatory and customer demonstration programs
• Subject matter expert in system level testing on complex/specialized projects, thinking independently to challenge traditional solutions
• Provides test fixture support for research and technology team
• Support creation and maintenance of technical documentation
• Setup/install equipment to be tested.
• Prepare and operate test equipment for carrying out specific electrical tests (calibration, dielectric, temperature rise, etc.)
• Perform minor equipment maintenance and repairs as needed.
• Assist the R&D engineering team in assembling R&D prototypes as needed.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment
• B.S. in Engineering Discipline
• 2+ years of relevant work or electrical lab experience
• 2+ years experience in system level testing on power protection products
• 2+ years of hands-on testing experience with power products
• Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment
• Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools
• Able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and detailed electrical schematics
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Innovative mindset with ability to imagine new ways of solving customer challenges
• Able to use test equipment, oscilloscopes, DVMs, signal generators, power supplies and other standard EE lab equipment.
• Technical writing experience a plus
• Experience with automated test fixtures and design a plus
• Knowledge of a Product Life Management (PLM) software system a plus
• Value engineering (design-for-cost) and DFM experience a plus
• Experience with safety, LOTO, and Arc Flash a plus
• AutoCAD drafting experience a plus
• Power Electronics system testing experience a plus
• Embedded systems software experience a plus
• Communications system software experience (Ethernet, RS485, Can Bus, Modbus, USB, etc.) a plus
Technical writing, automated test fixtures, design, Value engineering, DFM, Product Life Management, PLM.
safety, LOTO, Arc Flash, AutoCAD drafting, Power Electronics system testing, Embedded systems software.
Communications system software, Ethernet, RS485, Can Bus, Modbus, USB.
electrical lab, system level testing, power protection product, power products.
Laboratory, test engineering, product development, validation programs, electrical assemblies, electromechanical assemblies.
Subject matter expert, technical documentation, the R&D engineering, hand tools, portable tools.
mechanical drawings, electrical schematic, EE lab equipment.