Sr, Linux Engineer
- Bronx, NY
- Prefferd visa: Need H1 Visa, EAD, Green Card Holder, US Citizen
- Posted 1 year ago – Accepting applications
Offerd Salary $ 70 - $ 80
Required Position 2-4 hires
Experience 10-25 Years Required
Sr, Linux Engineer requirement in NY/NJ
CTH - 6 months Contract to Hire, and till then remote after that Hybrid or inperson
3.Strong Automation skills ( Puppet/ Ansible etc)
4.Security Background ( PCI etc. Preferred)
5.Project Management Skills
Good to have
The Senior Linux System Engineer (SE) is responsible for the design, implementation, engineering and administration of Linux computing systems hardware, software and storage infrastructure supporting a 24x7 mission-critical environment. These systems are core components of IT infrastructure supporting a large e-commerce website, plant operations, delivery logistics and general business services. The position provides senior-level system administration support for our E-Commerce & Logistics website and associated applications and systems
- Architecting systems infrastructure solutions to deliver business applications and contenting to customers at low latency and high throughput.
- Designing, implementing and supporting Linux computing systems hardware and software infrastructure using the following service models: on premise, co-location data center facility, Application Service Provider (ASP), managed hosted, SaaS cloud, PaaS cloud, IaaS cloud and hybrid.
- Providing system architecture, implementation, system administration, troubleshooting and operational supporting for an E-Commerce & Logistics website environment
- Proactively improving engineering, implementation and maintenance standards for systems supporting e-Commerce transactions, manufacturing operations and corporate processes.
- Collaborating with peers to formalize systems engineering, application support and operation processes and procedures based on industry standards (ITL, ISO, COBIT) and best practices.
- Investigating and resolving system performance bottlenecks and platform instability
- Providing continuous system and storage capacity management.
- Managing system deployment lifecycle and helping enforce Change Management Policies.
- Engineering and implementing fault tolerant, multi-site and distributed computing platform to support business growth.
- Developing a framework to provide performance baseline and improvement for critical business applications.
- Continuously studying the overall information and computing needs of the company and leverage technology to provide cost effective solutions.
- Elaborating strategy to deliver business value by using evolving infrastructure technology: cloud technology (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and others), Managed Service Provider, hybrid, etc.
- Assisting in developing, implementing, and enforcing systems security policies and procedures.
- Collaborating with IT Security Team to implement and regularly test systems security controls.
- Assisting with improving and enforcing incident management policies and procedures.
- Assisting with managing system related compliance tasks (PCI).
- Providing third level escalation for operation problems and incidents.
- Resolving issues within prescribed SLA’s and adhering to incident management procedures.
- Collaborating with peers on vendor and technology product selection process.
- Performing Linux virtualization implementation, supporting and upgrades.
- Working with application development team and internal clients on creating systems requirements, projection, and growth.
- Supporting enterprise data protection backup/recovery system.
- Acting as engineering liaison between Systems, Application, DBA, QA, Network, and other groups.
- Monitoring technology changes, advancements trends and innovations.
- Project managing change to systems and system deployment to production.
- Managing projects using Workfront portfolio, program, and project management cloud service.
- Coordinating and executing changes thru the change control policy and process.
- Part of On-Call support rotation team with after-hours and weekend balanced work as required.
- Mentoring less experienced team members.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related, or foreign equivalent, plus 8 years of related systems administration/engineering experience, or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related or foreign equivalent, plus Minimum 10 years of related systems administration/engineering experience.
SPECIFIC SKILLS OR OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Oracle Linux certification preferred,
- DevOps skills with Ansible (preferred) or Puppet
- Strong Scripting Skills (Bash/Shell script or Python)
- VMware Certified Professional preferred, Cisco Data Center (UCS) certification, preferred.
- Microsoft Azure Architect Preferred
- HP Storage certification is preferred.
- Red Hat 5-7 and Oracle Linux 5-7 – (Min 8 yrs)
- Virtualization technology: VMware (vCenter, vSphere 4-6 and ESX 4-6), (Min 4 yrs)
- Linux file systems and storage architecture
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, HTML, HTTP, SSL, SSH, SFTP, DNS, Apache, Tomcat and LDAP
- Understanding of database and web application concept and architecture: Oracle, Postgress
- Familiarity with database connection methodologies: ODBC and JDBC, understanding of system and storage design appropriate to support oracle database and Cisco UCS
- IBM v3700 family and HP 3Par 7400, Deep understanding of storage and SAN technology: Virtual disk, LUNs, snapshot, replication and thin provisioning
Added Skills –
- SolarWinds NPM, SAM, SRM,DPM
- Alert Logic log manager, threat manager
- Foreman/Katello, Red Hat Satellite
- Unitrends Backup
- Manhattan associates Warehouse management application
- Akamai Ion/Kona/DNS
- Citrix ADC’s (Netscalar)
- Storage Systems
- Cisco Products- UCS , MDS
- Tomcat, ActiveMQ
- SAS data warehouse