Public Health Data Visualization Analyst
- Iowa City, IA
- Lantana Consulting Group
- Posted 4 weeks ago – Accepting applications
Full Time - Fully Remote
Company: Lantana Consulting Group provides services and software for standards-based health information exchange. We have built our expertise through more than a decade of development and deployment of technical specifications and interoperability solutions. As a distributed company with no single brick and mortar office, Lantana can hire the best available talent and offer a flexible work schedule. We are a small, growing business on a path towards employee ownership.
Primary purpose: Provide data analysis and visualization support for the CDC National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
A successful candidate has the skills to:
- Quickly gather requirements, learn subject matter, and extract and transform data.
- Be proficient with PowerBI and Microsoft data toolset.
- Automate, deliver, and schedule visualization reports.
- Test data models, calculations, and quality of analytical output.
- Optimize data models and visualizations for responsiveness and performance.
- Visualize data geospatially using GIS technologies and techniques.
- Understand and use statistical processes and software (SAS, R, Python).
- Apply Microsoft DAX and construct advanced calculations.
- Connect to variety of data sources and proficiently use the queried data in Power BI.
- Be or become familiar with secondary tools and technologies like Microsoft SQL, Azure, Data Lake, NoSQL, data streaming, etc.
- Effectively deliver and present work to the appropriate audience.
- Meet deadlines and manage concurrent deliverables.
- Proficient in the development of highly visual reports, dashboards, and data narratives.
- Experience with data extraction, cleaning and wrangling, modeling and manipulation to prepare data for analysis, reporting, and visualization.
- Degree in public health, computer science, or related discipline preferred.
- Experience with Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAI) data preferred.
- Knowledge of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) preferred.
Additional Job Information:
- There are two positions available for this role.
- These positions are mid-to-senior level with opportunity for growth within the company.
- Travel can be up to 5% time, depending on projects and responsibilities. At present, due to COVID-19, no travel or onsite work is required.
- This position is fully work-from-home/remote and accepts all applicants in the US.
Job Type: Full-time
- NHSN: 1 year (Preferred)
- Power BI: 2 years (Required)
- Public Health: 2 years (Preferred)