Principal HRBP, Transportation Product & Tech
- Tempe, AZ
- Amazon.com Services LLC
- Posted 3 weeks ago – Accepting applications
- 8+ years of experience in an HR generalist leadership role, preferably in a high tech environment
- 5+ years Experience working with global teams, and driving organizational change initiatives and developing talent management plans for a global organization
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, as appropriate
- Previous employee relations and talent assessment experience
Are you both data savvy and emotionally intelligent? Do you find fulfillment from helping others succeed and applying science to solve human challenges? We are looking for a dynamic HR professional to join our Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Product & Tech Human Resources team as a Principal HR Business Partner. Ideally based in Tempe, Arizona or Seattle, Washington, we're flexible on the location for the right candidate.
We are looking for a Principal HRBP to lead Global (US, India, and EU) HR for technology, science and product organizations. In this position you will have direct client support for the Core Transportation Tech (CTT) business. CTT is tasked with greater challenges with ever increasing scope, like the new one-day shipping initiative, and the scale of Amazon. CTT is currently designing and developing systems that will usher in new wave of expansion for Amazon logistics. These systems need to work at unprecedented scale and question the fundamentals of computing to perform latency sensitive operations. Additionally, this person will drive the cohesive strategy for Tech across all Amazon Transportation Systems to develop and execute HR priorities that enable business priorities and foster the employee experience.
The ideal candidate will love to partner with business leaders on strategic people initiatives, have the ability to implement and optimize HR processes, as well as identify and drive appropriate solutions in employee relations, HR policies and processes. If you also love to think big, whiteboard and build things from scratch, this is the place for you! Below are some of the key responsibilities:
- Develop and implement people plans and solutions in order to achieve people initiatives and deliver results.
- Work with managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues ensuring a balance in representing all parties’ interests.
- Provide ongoing support to employees on human resources related matters, policies and procedures.
- Passion for data, innovative HR solutions and process improvement. A keen interest in experimentation
- Ability to deliver results in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills, critical thinking, and willingness to be vocally self-critical
- Provide valuable input and expertise to your client groups in terms of employment legislation, policies and practices.
- Ensure consistency of application of our HR policies and procedures, and alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues
- Experience working in a start-up like environment where the pace is quick and your responsibilities stretch between strategic and tactical
- Demonstrated strong ownership and attention to detail
- Route inquiries and questions to the appropriate teams within HR Service
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem solving.
- Depth of pragmatic experience with compensation planning, negotiation, and implementation.
- An ability and desire to own a space, provide thought leadership, and catalyze results.
- Strong judgment and employee relations experience.
- Expertise in assessing management and executive talent.
- Broad experience and specific knowledge of human resource theory, including employee relations, learning, and performance management.
- Work experience in the tech industry, or if not, successful tenure at two different industries.
- Deep understanding of "what great HR looks like" and how business cycles influence the people agenda.
- Excellent business acumen and an ability to understand a P&L.
- Demonstrated achievements in coaching, influencing and problem-solving.
- Effective Communication/Facilitation: The HRBP must be an effective communicator, both written and verbal, work with managers to send clear and consistent messages, be an effective communicator in writing, facilitation, be able to drive change, facilitate internal communication processes, and facilitate dissemination of internal customer information.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.