Cyber Security Engineer
- New York,NY
- Posted 2 days ago – Accepting applications
Jefferies is seeking a Platforms Security Engineer, who will be responsible for protecting systems with endpoint security technologies. The desired candidate is an experienced subject matter expert with hands on experience with endpoint security technologies like Endpoint Detection Response (EDR), Anti-malware solutions & Data Loss Prevention. The desired candidate will need to bring multi-disciplinary experience including, but not limited to servers, workstations, laptops, virtual machines, thin clients, virtualized and cloud hosted resources running various operating systems including Windows, Linux & UNIX. This person will work closely with the Security Operations team and report to the VP, Security Platforms & Cloud to provide support, deliver new initiatives, manage uptime and upgrades. Candidate will get the unique opportunity to help mold the platforms security capabilities and landscape. Opportunity to work on cloud security and emerging technologies initiatives.
- Provide administration and operational support for endpoint security technology covering EDR (Endpoint Detection and Response), Anti-virus & DLP solutions
- Follow release management processes and best practices for deployment, enhancements and upgrades.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and demonstrate in-depth understanding of the TTPs (Tactics, Techniques and Procedures) used by threat actors against endpoints. Leverage EDR, Next-Gen AV and other security controls to protect systems against internal and external threats.
- Work closely with Security operations center and other security groups during investigations.
- Demonstrate mastery in log file analysis, fault isolation and diagnostic/assessment actions including root cause analysis, followed by the determination and self-directed execution of corrective actions.
- Employ and leverage APIs when applicable to aggregate & enhance data to safeguard systems.
- Drive automation efforts to continuously monitor and maintain security posture of operating systems.
- Stay current on endpoint security best practices, active threats and mitigation strategies.
- Draft & execute the strategy to enhance the investments in current technologies and drive continuous innovation with new ideas to improve and mature endpoint security posture.
- Aggregate data across disparate platforms to design and develop alerting.
- Maintain metrics and supporting analytics on System and endpoint Security.
- Manage a portfolio of application-related projects and directly manage select projects within that portfolio.
- 5+ years of demonstrable and hands experience with endpoint security technologies
- Hands on experience with EDR technologies is a MUST for this position.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of operating system (OS) internals, the mechanics of OS exploits with preventive and detective controls
- Demonstrated experience in investigating security incidents with ability to analyze logs to uncover details of the compromise, systems involved, threat techniques etc.
- Experience with scripting like Python, PowerShell etc., is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Splunk search language is preferred.
- Experience in creating trending, metrics, and management reports
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills working with remote peers over IM, phone & video.
- Experience working within the Financial Services Industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical direction to other peer staff members, and to train new junior staff members on the security team
- Ability to elicit confidence and build rapport across multiple disciplines.
- Self-motivated; able to learn on own initiative
- Strong skills in organizing workflow, ideas & materials
- Excellent documentation skills
- Security certifications like Ethical Hacking or other specialized endpoint security certifications are preferred
- B.S in Technology or Related area (proven experience can be used as a substitute).