Employment Type : Full-Time
Provides quality direct health care across the lifespan to patients. Works within the primary care and psychiatry service lines to enhance holistic integrated care that is patient and family centered.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- Unrestricted license through the Ohio Board of Nursing
- One or more years clinical work experience
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Other Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides direct care to patients, including medical histories, examinations, triage, care coordination, and assessments in accordance with standards of care and protocols and Ohio’s Nurse Practice Act.
- Ability to utilize the nursing process in the provision of nursing care including but not limited to administering treatments and medications in compliance with the practitioner(s) orders and applicable policy, collaborating with health care providers, and providing education to patients and/or significant others.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients and properly document observations and other data related to clinical condition of patient and activities related to patient care.
- Expected to see patients independently as referred by practitioners.
- Actively participates in the QAI process.
- Obtains data reports from EMR to help manage clinical service delivery, quality and efficiency.
- Attends departmental and all staff meetings.
- Contributes to departmental and organizational decision making through active participation in the process.
- Works effectively and positively with co-workers and volunteers.
- Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, concisely, and effectively both verbally and in writing. Presents in a confident, clear, and enthusiastic manner when addressing people in a large or small group. Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the subject matter.
- Values Diversity: Collaborates with and involves others, demonstrating a respect for divergent viewpoints; interacts well with diverse people and groups, thereby contributing to an environment that is equitable, inclusive, and cooperative. An awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the population served.
- Leadership of Groups: ability to provide direction and guidance to a group of people and to encourage cooperation between team members.
- Situational Leader: enables and empowers team members to develop their competency and commitment in completing goals and tasks; creates an environment of trust and mutual respect and sets an example for other leaders in the organization.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- This position does not have direct reports.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.